Asbestos Awareness In Road Transport
UKATA Qualification + 7 Hours Drivers CPC
Drivers completing this course will achieve a UKATA Asbestos awareness certificate And 7 Hours drivers CPC.
Every employer must make sure that anyone who is liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work, or who supervises those employees, gets the correct level of information, instruction and training so that they can work safely and competently without risk to themselves or others
- What is asbestos – a description will be given about what asbestos is, the varying types and the history of its uses.
- Where asbestos is found – particular emphasis will be given to the types of environment in which asbestos is found and where it will be discovered by the variety of building trades. Lots of pictures will be used as examples to ensure delegates have the best opportunity of being able to relate to the various situations.
- Health effects – a discussion of the negative impact upon the lungs (lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural plaques, pulmonary function impairment) and other organs gastrointestinal tract, etc.
- Risk assessment – identifying hazards and risks in the typical workplaces where asbestos is likely to be found.
- Principles of control – understanding some simple strategies for controlling hazards and reducing risks.
- What the law says – having an understanding of what the law says about the use, removal and disposal of asbestos.
Contact with asbestos material is hazardous to everyone. Transport staff including drivers and loaders must be able to identify, contain and transport dangerous material to a disposal site. This course will provide the knowledge and practical skills to ensure that procedures are carried out safely, efficiently and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations